The GCP DevOps Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the platform’s cloud infrastructure using Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The ideal candidate will have experience with GCP and a strong background in Cloud operations & administration. They will work closely with development teams to deploy and manage applications, and ensure the platform’s cloud infrastructure is secure, scalable, and highly available.
- Design and implement scalable and secure GCP infrastructure
- Automate deployment and management of applications using GCP services such as Compute Engine*, Kubernetes Engine*, and Cloud SQL*
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud infrastructure, applications, and env. connectivity issues, including alerting and incident response, as necessary
- Collaborate with development teams (AI/ML, FE/BE, Full Stack engineers) to integrate application code with GCP infrastructure
- Ensure compliance with security and regulatory requirements
- Continuously improve infrastructure and processes for optimal performance and cost efficiency
- Collaborate effectively and allow for sufficient overlap of working hours with onshore counterparts spanning North American time zones.
- 3+ years of experience with GCP, including administration, deployment, and management of GCP services.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration using Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with console management (Rancher*), Config management (Flux*), and Package management (Helm*).
- Experience with cloud-native services such as Cloud SQL*, Cloud Storage*, BigQuery*, etc.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code and automation tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt*, Atlantis*, etc.
- Experience with Git* workflows and other CI/CD and pipeline automation methods
- Strong understanding of network concepts and security best practices, familiarity with tools & technology like Istio*, Spire*, Auth0*, HashiCorp Vault*, Venafi*, Palo Alto Firewall* etc.
- Experience with monitoring, logging, and alerting tools such as DataDog*, Splunk*, Opsgenie*, etc.
- Experience with the following scripting languages & protocols: Python*, JSON*, YAML*, Go*, Protobuf*, Bash*, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Professional certifications in GCP and/or DevOps desired.
- SSE (Advanced): 5+ years of experience
- SE (Intermediate): 3+ years of experience (as defined above)